Nifty Thrifty Dentists Blog | A Dental Savings Mastermind Page , Dr. Glen Vo, “What is the best exercises that dentists should be doing?”
Wouldn’t that be awesome, that depending on your profession and lifestyle, you would have one best exercise that would literally do the job and basically “do all the things” we need to do to stay strong, healthy, mobile and fit. Unfortunately no such thing exists, but the magic we do have is lifestyle choices and habits that we do everyday impact. So, here are my top five tips to help you feel better, get healthier, and reach your fitness goals whether you be a dentist, student, retired, or stay-at-home mom.
- Set aside time: You’re not going to magically find time for exercise in your busy schedule. You have to intentionally create it. Whether it’s early in the morning before work, during your lunch break, or in the evening after a long day, set aside a specific time for your workout and make it a non-negotiable part of your routine.
- Be consistent: Once you’ve established your workout schedule, stick to it like glue. Consistency is key to seeing results and maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Remember, exercise isn’t just a means to an end – it’s a lifelong journey.
- Plan: Don’t leave your workouts to chance. Plan ahead and know exactly what you’re going to do before you start. This will save you time and brain energy, making it easier to stick to your routine. You can create your own workouts or work with a coach or trainer to design a program that fits your goals and lifestyle.
- Dial in your nutrition: No matter how much you exercise, your results will suffer if you’re not fueling your body with the right nutrients. Plan out your meals ahead of time, prep your food on Sundays, and make sure you’re getting a healthy balance of veggies, healthy carbs, and protein. Trust me, your body will thank you.
- Enjoy it! This is perhaps the most important tip of all. You’re not going to stick to a workout routine that feels like torture. Find activities and exercises that you actually enjoy doing, whether it’s at the gym, at home, or outside. If you’re working with a coach or trainer, let them know what you enjoy so they can tailor your program to your preferences.
Remember, it’s not about finding the perfect workout or exercise – it’s about moving your body consistently and enjoying the journey. Now, let’s go out there and get moving!